Grammar is used in everyday life and knowing it makes you a more confident teacher. Understand grammatical terms like nouns, verbs, and adjectives? Know the English tenses and how they are used?
What is the target audience?
It’s perfect for anyone, even if you don´t have any previous knowledge of English Grammar.
Unit 1: Word Class/Part of Speech
- What are word Classes/Parts of Speech?
- Word Classes can also be Classified
- Summary of the Word Classes
- Most common Words in some Word Classes
Unit 2: Verbs
- Present Simple Tense
- Past Simple Tense
- Future Simple Tense
- Present Perfect Simple Tense
- Past Perfect Tense
- Future Perfect Tense
- Present Continuous Tense
- Past Continuous Tense
- Future Continuous Tense
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Unit 3: Nouns, Pronouns and Determiners
- Different types of Nouns
Unit 4: Adjectives and Adverbs
Unit 5: Prepositions and Conjunctions
Unit 6: Auxiliaries, Modals and Conditionals
- Auxiliary Verbs
- Modal Verbs
- Conditional Forms
Unit 7: Word Order and Sentences
- Word Order
Unit 8: Tricky Stuff
- Directed and Reported/Indirect Speech
- Active/Passive Constructions
Unit 9: Phrasal Verbs –The Trickiest of All?
- What are Phrasal Verbs?
- The Difficulty with Phrasal Verbs
- The Characteristics of Phrasal Verbs
- Teaching Phrasal Verbs
Unit 10: Teaching Grammar
- Practice, Reflections and a Modern Approach
- Teaching Grammar in the Young Learners’ Classroom
- Teaching Grammar to ‘Younger’ Young Learners
- Teaching Grammar to ‘Older’ Young Learners
- Teaching Grammar to Young Adults and Adults